A Featured Project for Valentines Day!
This fantastic project was sent in from Erin and Nick of Langley, BC. It’s a handmade, Fir Harvest Table with an Ebony stain. It was completed as a wedding gift for a friend.
• Solid Fir extension harvest table with a butterfly leaf.
• Measures 72″ x 48″, with a 2′ extension making it 96″ x 48″ when extended. The leaf folds into and stores in the table.
• Table is my design, and it took Nick approximately 30 hours to build. I did the finishing which took about another 5 hours (not counting drying time ho ho ho!).
Nick is a carpenter that works at Cedar Siding Contracting doing exterior siding, building envelope, and other such carpentry jobs. This is Erin and Nicks first dining table, but the couple did complete a similar type of design/build/finish teamwork with a couple of side tables.
Almost all the materials were purchased from the Windsor Plywood Langley store. The Langley store has its own custom website that is chalked full of cool projects and more! It can be found at www.windsorplywoodlangley.com
Fir table materials:
• 2″ x 6″ Mixed Grain Fir
• 2″ x 4″ Mixed Grain Fir
• 4″ x 4″ Fir
• Drawer slides (Full extension heavy-duty)
• Tube-Hinge Leaf-Mount Mechanism
• Concealed SOSS hinges
• Table leg brackets & lags
• L brackets
• Biscuits & Dowels
• Titebond Construction Adhesive
• Gorilla Wood Glue
• Richelieu Chest Latch – #63890180
• Minwax Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner
• Minwax Ebony Stain (3 coats)
• Varathane Semi-Gloss Polyurethane (3 coats)
• Staining pad & Foam brushes
• Felt pads
• GRK screws
• 6 foot long clamps
• Hook & Sand discs
• Steel Wool #0000